Condensed milk is cow’s milk that has had water removed and sugar added, resulting in a thick, sweet-tasting product that can keep for several years in unopened, unopened packaging. The same product without added sugar was called evaporated milk, however, as this unsweetened version spoils much more easily, it is rare today (in some Spanish-speaking countries condensed milk is called “evaporated milk”). , due to an old confusion between the products, so similar).
Learn how to make Condensed Milk with this simple and easy recipe!
炼乳Course: 食谱 🍳
For your Condensed Milk to be perfect, follow the step-by-step preparation method.
2 cups of milk
2/3 of a cup of sugar
- In a heavy-bottom saucepan, add in 2 cups of milk, non-fat, or full-fat.
- And then add in 2/3 of a cup of sugar.
- Go in and stir around the sugar, to make sure it’s even, and then leave it be until all the sugar has dissolved.
- We are going to turn down the heat, and let it simmer away very gently, not boil, but a low steady simmer for around 30 to 40 minutes.
- So our milk has been steadily bubbling away for around 30 minutes. As you can see, it has changed color, and has almost gone kind of a creamy, peachy color.
- If you look around the edges, you’ll have a little bit of foam. This is called ‘scum,’ actually. And what we’re going to do is just remove that with a spoon, dipped in a little bit of water.
- I let the condensed milk simmer a few minutes longer because I wanted to get it a little bit darker in color and a little bit thicker. This has been simmering for 40 minutes.
- Your Condensed Milk is ready!